Italian meatballs are a classic, and it is one of the children’s favorite recipes. You can follow this recipe for a weeknight family dinner, or just when your kids ask for it (it will happen often).
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ milk of your preference (whole, skim, 2 percent)
2 large eggs (beaten)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
1 tablespoon oregano dried
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 jar pasta sauce of your choice (Ragu is delicious)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, panko breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, and spices.
- Using your hands, take the meat mixture, and shape it into meatballs.
- Put the meatballs in a crockpot. Pour over the Ragu sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree.
- Cook on medium for 4 hours.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving plate. Serve with pasta, or plain, and drizzle the Parmesan cheese on top.