Swedish meatballs are a favorite among many people. They are creamy, delicious, and are perfect for a nice family dinner.
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1 medium shallot (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
½ teaspoon thyme dried
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
1tablespoon canola oil
2tablespoons all-purpose flour
2cups beef broth (or 2 bouillon cubes)
1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large shallow bowl, add the ground beef, panko breadcrumbs, milk, egg yolks, shallot, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt. Stir to combine. You may use your clean hands or a wooden spoon.
- Shape the beef mixture into meatballs.
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté. Add the canola oil, and heat it high.
- Add the meatballs in the pot, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the meatballs to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Then, add the all-purpose flour into the pot for a minute. Whisk in the beef broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the meatballs that you previously put on a paper towel-lined plate to the Instant Pot. Select manual cooking, and cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Release pressure, and transfer only the meatballs to a serving plate.
- For the remaining sauce, select the high sauté setting, and simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in the sour cream, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour over your meatballs, and enjoy!